Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why Not?




Well.....I've thought about it, and I really don't know why I'm doing it, because I know there will be tons of people trying out, but Comos Cricket is having a DT contest and I totally love Cosmo Cricket.

I've heard that they like altered artists, well, I'm more of a layout kind of girl, but I did play with a couple of things and thought I might as well at least try! My lss got the new Early Bird line in, but I was so bummed because the chipboard didn't come. I played anyway!!!

I don't know who else is trying out, but I know that my good friend Julie H. is, and she would be perfect. You couldn't get a better fit for CC than her, so I'm wishing her good luck!!!

Here's the stuff that I did:
First is an envelope album, I did this with wedding photos. It was so much fun, I used some of the "Everafter" collection for it.
Next is a little box I made from paper, and decorated for cookies, I used Early Bird for this. And I painted a wooden book, and covered and decorated it with the Early Bird too. And even covered a jar of homemade jelly!!!
Last are the 2 layouts that I did. I used older paper for the "This Kiss", but I used "Early Bird" for the one of me with my Dad back in 1962!

4 comments:

Tara said...

oh patti good luck girl....
i'll keep my fingers crossed for youy....your work is outstanding, i especially LOVE the altered box...i must lift this idea someday, i've been wanting a "prayer/thought" box... love it!!

said...

Wow Patti, all of your projects are Gorgeous!!! Best of luck! You'd make a wonderful addition to the Cosmo team!!!
Have a happy 4th!!

Krissy said...

awww I think YOU would be perfect for CC! Great job with ALL of these!! GOOD LUCK!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

i think you'd be great for this patti! best of luck!